She continues to explain that her french teacher is moving back to France with his family, and that they're looking for an Au Pair before they move. At this point I'm screaming, and my roommates think I'm crazy. I answered yes (ha...duh). Next thing I know I'm interviewing with the family (who happened to live just a couple streets away from my apartment...small world). The interview turned into a mutual agreement. The mutual agreement turned into a signed contract. Now I live in France. Ha ha. Crazy, right?
I've been a France resident for exactly a month and a half tomorrow. So here I am, on the eve of my 20th birthday and my month and a half mark, thinking how in the world is it that I'm here?! It still hasn't quite set in. It's also weird that I'm turning 20, gosh I feel old. But that's beside the point. The point is I want to share a little bit of what my life has been like for the past month and a half.
There is a lot I want to post and talk about, but first I'll introduce you to my french children.
Meet Marie-Faustine. She's 2 years old, and basically a party and a half. We enjoy dancing in the hallway, making funny faces at each other, and eating chocolate. Her main source of food is bread. And her favorite word is "plus" which means more. Her personal interests include: putting her shoes on the wrong feet, attacking her older sister's head with a brush, and running around naked.
This is Guilhem.
He's comfortable enough with his manliness to dress up like a princess, he loves cheese more than anyone I've ever met, and he is the best french teacher in France. I love this boy. Greatest one-liner courtesy of this genius 6 year old, "Easy peasy, [then in the best Shakespearean voice you can muster] TO SQUEEEZE A LEMON." Our favorite past-times include: playing all and any games, reading, and creating culinary masterpieces. He collects marbles and eats his boogers.
8 year old Aymeric. Yes, that is him behind the plastic palm tree. He dominates at the game of marbles and has an extensive collection. He has a fantastic imagination that is capable of turning any regular conversation into an extreme story that usually involves near-death escapes and explosives. He's currently working on his Christmas list and does so tediously; it has well over 40 items, prices included.
Maëlle-Marie. 10 years old and crazy cool. She is my number one aid when it comes to her siblings. She's big on sharing; always willing to split any candy that she brings home from school with me. Everyday when I drop her off at school we have to do a round of high fives, "up high...to the side...to the other side...down low...TOO SLOW!" She is currently cultivating her art skills and recently drew a fantastic wolf as a birthday gift for her teacher. She rocks the violin and is a master of Cat's Cradle.
Love these guys. Really these pictures and descriptions don't even cover the half of how great they are. But for now it will do.
Next time pictures of France are going up!
Until then,
Mary


This is so cool! Mary in France! Maybe I'll get a chance to practice my French.
ReplyDeleteWell, Barnyard Manure!(That's French, isn't it?)
Look forward to the pics of you in France
Mary, you have a way with words. I was laughing out loud reading the descriptions of the kids - I can tell that you love them. What an incredible person you are. They are so lucky!!! Miss you a lot and can't wait to read more about your life in France. Love you!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I can't believe you're 20 either- talk about making someone feel old. I used to change your diapers for heaven's sake!
Mary, I love it! Now post more pictures!
ReplyDeleteMOM
Awesome Mary!
ReplyDeleteVery cute descriptions - I'm sure they're a handful, and lots of fun too. Steve's heading to Paris this weekend on a whirlwind visit, so no making it down to see you, but we'll see if he ends up with another weekend off. Enjoy yourself and blog/journal lots - you won't regret it!
ReplyDelete